The gift that keeps on giving

For a right-so-far adherent like me, I’m always on the lookout for evidence to back up my criticism of lefties. But, honestly. This Labour Government is handing me so much ammo on a platter, they’re taking the fun and challenge out of the game. Lies. Nepotism. Greed. Hypocrisy. Tone-deafness. Incompetence. Nastiness. Betrayal. Treason. In Spades! This is why I haven’t blogged for weeks – they’re giving me so much material, I don’t know where to start.

Of course, it’s not just Labour that’s a huge joke. What are the Tories doing to capitalise on the situation? Shooting themselves in the foot, that’s what. They have no right to criticise Labour for not stopping the boats when they too failed miserably at controlling immigration. Jenrick – it’s unfathomable that he’s the front-runner in the Tory leadership contest – says allowing so many unidentifiable young men of fighting age into the country is a security risk. Well why didn’t you say that when you were in Government? Mostly the Tories are still in-fighting, and more scared of Nige than they are angry at Two-Tier Keir: failing in opposition as they failed in Government.

Then there’s the Lib Dems, whose strategy seems to be not to criticise Starmer, but to mark their own ignominious leader out of 10 for artistic interpretation in whatever daft activity his spin doctors can contrive.

You know who is doing a good job at being in opposition – Reform UK. Love ’em or hate ’em, not only do they interrogate the Government with intelligent, insightful questioning, but four of them appear to be good constituency MPs as well. I can’t see that Nige is doing much locally. He might get his act together over the winter. If he doesn’t then – rightly – no matter what his impact on national issues or the party, he’ll be gone at the next election.

The other thing about Reform is, their conference had so much positive energy and good humour. Compare the genuine love the speakers exuded for their fellow countrymen with the obvious hatred Calamity Cooper directed at white working-class Northerners during her stint in front of the mic (I won’t dignify her performance by describing it as a speech). And don’t start me on Starmer’s ‘sausages’.

Ok so having got the labouriously failed-Government out of my system, what personal news have I to report after all these weeks? Well, I decided to register online to receive alerts and publications from a certain academic organisation, because they might prove useful for my PhD. While registering, I was asked to respond to the predictable demographic / DEI questions. Some I initially answered with glee, such as: White Anglo Saxon and Proud to be; Heterosexual; Conceived, born and identify as female/woman, because nothing else is scientifically possible / fact / true. But then, Household Income? Get Stuffed. What is your highest educational achievement? Fair enough. What is the highest educational achievement of any of your grandparents? ….. say what? I actually expected the next question to be: how much did your ancestors profit from the slave trade? To which I would have answered, Please ask my ag-lab ancestors who lived in a barn in rural Cumbria! I henceforth deleted all my responses in the DEI section, but they still accepted my registration. For now.

This came hot on the heels of advice I received to ‘decolonise’ my PhD. Ummmm … my topic is UK Government policy impacting English rural areas. Actually, in the interests of academic rigour – not political correctness – I am referring generically to situatedness and cultural relativism, but do you really think a resident of Gamlingay in Cambridgeshire gives a flying fig how Rhodesia deals with aircraft noise?

Other personal news includes our ‘summer’ holiday in Greenland (it was ruddy cold). The relevance to this politically focused blog is that, in 1985, Greenland Grexited – they left the EU/EEC. Sweet! The reason being that fishing is their number one industry and diet. Had they stayed in the EU they’d have had to accept other EU members fishing in their waters. So they said Get Stuffed. What an enlightened country.

Of course, I got it in the neck for our luxury cruise in the Arctic and the consequent carbon emissions. Thing is, the carbon emissions (my share) should be weighed against my carbon savings over the years - I'm still quids in - and the economic, social and cultural benefit of the cruise for the indigenous burghers of Greenland. I mean, what’s the point of trying to avoid depopulating Greenland through ice-melt by actively depopulating Greenland through economic deprivation? As the wonderfully insightful Thomas Sowell said, there are no solutions, only trade-offs. In any event, since gutter-class Rabid Rayner turned her back on the Whitehaven coalmine through sheer ignorance and flawed ideology à la Moribund Miliband, the planet’s freaked anyway.

One more thing to add. The cruise company is Australian, so there were a large proportion of Australians on the ship, which is worth a blog of its own. Stay tuned.

This blog is dedicated to a mate who admitted that sometimes, for some reason, he wakes up at 3am. When he does, he doesn’t fight it but reads a book, the online newspapers, and checks if I’ve posted a new blog!


Comments